My Recycling

My Recycling
This crate is filled once a week and taken to the big blue bin for Saturday recycling

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Signing Off

Good evening readers,

Since when did it get chilly in Tucson. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and a good “food coma” that took place afterwards. My Thanksgiving was fun. I got to see cousins I hadn’t seen in a while and one of them is having a baby. Congrats.

As I said last week, this is my last blog of the semester and it’s been an experience. I’ve never really been a so-called “green” individual. The most I’ve ever done as far as being “green” is recycle, which is why I chose the topic. Writing this weekly blog has been interesting because I understand more about what can be recycled. I think my favorite blogs to research were clothes recycling and the copper recycling. Those were the ones I remember most but overall there were so many websites on recycling. I didn’t think I could updating but there was a lot of information for you folks. Hope you all took some time to check out what I found and were able to expand on those searches.

As the semester comes to a close, I’ve been thinking about what I’ve learned in the class. First of all I learned I can be out of my comfort zone for four months and survive. Green living was a tough subject because I don’t constantly remind myself of environmental issues and it’s not one of the first conversations I start with someone. I have to admit I learned a lot about the topic. I have a greater appreciation for those who work to make a difference everyday.

Future students who are considering The Cat Scan, give it a shot. It is an interesting class even if green living isn’t your favorite subject. Get out of your comfort zone. It’s a way to gain new knowledge on a topic you know nothing about. You should come up with stories but your fellow students can help you as well. It’s also good to have someone to work with. Even if you prefer to work alone at least work with a classmate or two on special projects. Don’t whine or complain because that won’t get any work done. Come up with ideas, do your stories, keep everything updated (blogs, online journalism article searches) and do the best you can because all of this will make the semester go fast.

Have a great holiday season everyone. Remember to STAY RELAXED.

Raymond Suarez

No comments: